Spring rolls are a fast and delicious snack. Once you learn how to make them, nothing won’t stop you from making more and more spring rolls with different fillings and we can assure you that there will be more recipes of spring rolls on our blog.
The best thing about spring rolls is that there is no need to fry or cook them, so how complicated the dish will be depends only from what you will put in as a filling.
Today we present to you the classical and probably most popular version of spring rolls with backed salmon and mango.
If you plan a party or just want a fancy snack for dinner, the spring rolls are the best. So let’s make them right now!
Ingredients for spring rolls with salmon and mango:
- 400 g of fresh salmon fillet (with skin)
- 10 pcs of rice paper
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 mango
- 2-3 leaves of salad
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- optional sauce 1: 2 tbsp of soy sauce and 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- optional sauce 2: 2 tbsp of mayo and 1 tsp of wasabi
- We’ll start with salmon. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- While the oven is heating up, mix together soy sauce, maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Place the salmon into baking dish skin side up and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 17 minutes, take salmon out of the oven, remove the skin from salmon and turn the salmon upside down and leave it this way in the heat-resistant dish for a couple of minutes.
- Next cut the salmon into slices around 6 cm long and 1 cm thick
- Cut the vegetables into julienne strips as shown below.
- First slice carrot and cucumber into pieces about 5 cm long and about 0,5 cm thick, stack the slices and cut them lengthwise again into strips about 0,5 cm thick. You can also do it the easier way and just make carrot and cucumber stripes with a julienne peeler.
- Cut the mango also into 0,5 cm thick slices and next into strips that are 0,5 cm thick.
- Take a large dish or frying pan (so that the rice paper will fit in it) and pour in some hot water.
- Then take one piece of rice paper and put it into the hot water for 15 seconds. Next, take out the paper put in on a clean towel.
- Then put in the middle of the rice paper some carrot, cucumber and mango strips, 1/3 of salad leaf and a slice of salmon. First, wrap one side of the filling with rice paper gently kneading it, then wrap two opposing sides inside, and then roll up the roll completely.
- Do the same with the rest of the rice papers.
- We recommend to serve it with two simple sauces below.
Wasabi mayo: mix the mayo and wasabi.
Say sauce: mix the soy sauce with maple syrup.