After watching another film from the Harry Potter Universe – “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald”. That got us into talking and as we are big Harry Potter fans here @cravemonkey we decided to make something from that Harry Potter “cookbook”. And the choice fell on Butterbeer.
This creamy and delicious drink is all you would expect. It is purely magical and you can go for the kid-
Take note there is no beer in this drink what so ever – therefore it is glutenfree! We wish we could say it is also dairyfree but alas this part of the name is true!
Ingredients for Butterbeer:
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 200 ml of heavy cream (30%-36%)
- 300 ml of sparkling water
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- 2 tbs of butter
- 3 tbs of powdered sugar
- 50 ml of whiskey (optional)
- pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- In a small pot heat up 4 tbs of cream and brown sugar and mix it until sugar dissolves.
- Then add butter and vanilla extract.
- After mixing all the ingredients pour in the sparkling water with continues stirring so that the sugar will not crystallize.
- Cook for another minute or two. And pour into a nice big cup (we suggest thickly glassed beer cup).
- You can add the whiskey now and mix it with the creamy drink – this step is completely optional and strictly for adults.
- Now whisk the rest of the cream and powdered sugar until you have whipped cream and put it on top of the drink.
- For some additional flavour season it with a pinch of some pumpkin pie spice.
And there you have it – perfect Butterbeer. What would you need more?