Brownie with redcurrant: the sweetness of chocolate combined with a lightly sour taste of redcurrant. Interesting and not a common combination. Something new and an alternative for classic adding like raspberry, strawberry and cherry.
When there is a season for redcurrant, it is definitely worth eating them a lot. The redcurrant is a great source of vitamin C, but also potassium and vitamin PP. Vitamin C is an irreplaceable helper in straightening our body’s immune system. Potassium on the other side helps in curing and preventing arterial hypertension. Vitamin PP adjusts cholesterol level in our blood. In addition redcurrant, the same as blackcurrant is high in antioxidants, which help to get free radicals out of our body. This very important in the fight for our beauty nowadays.
Even if someone is not a big fun of redcurrant, in the case of this brownie he will like it for sure. Still, if don’t even want to try this combination, you can use other berries instead, the ones you really like.
Let us get to work. Like in most of our recipes, it will not take a lot of time and the result for sure will be satisfying both for you and for your guests.
Ingridients for brownie with redcurrant:
- 300 g of chocolate (2 dark chocolate bars and 1 milk chocolate bar)
- 200 g of butter
- 145 g of flour
- 100 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 g of white chocolate
- 50-100 g of redcurrant
- a pinch of salt
- We will start with chocolate and butter. Put butter in a saucepan and melt it over small heat. Add chocolate broken into cubes (use only dark and milk chocolate, as we will need white chocolate for decoration on top) and melt it. Stir it constantly until nice and smooth, then set aside.
- In the meantime turn on the oven and preheat it to 160 degrees C. Prepare rectangular mould with dimensions of 20 x 28 cm. Smear the mould with butter and line it with baking paper.
- Now in a separate bowl mix the eggs with sugar. You do not need to mix it to foam, just to receive a nice and smooth mixture.
- Next, we add out melted chocolate with butter and mix it all together nice and smooth.
- After that, we add flour and a pinch of salt, mix info smooth dough and pour into the prepared mould.
- On top of the brownie, we put the white chocolate cut into small pieces and washed and cleaned redcurrant.
- Put the brownie in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- After the brownie with redcurrant has cooled down, cut it in slices and decorate it additionally with fresh redcurrant, if you like.
Check out our other interesting brownie recipes here.