For traditional #FatThursday we are here to present you with our easy and quick recipe for cheese doughnuts.
We had so much fun doing them that is why we encourage you to try to do them yourself. The best part is that they go well with sweet dressing as well as with savoury dishes. So let’s get cracking!
Ingredients for cheese doughnuts:
- 500g of cream cheese (the one for cheesecake would be best)
- 250g of flour
- 3 tbs of sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp of spirit (or 1tsp of vodka)
- 3 tbs of thick yoghurt (B
alkanor greek would be best)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- About 1l of vegetable oil (you can also use clarified butter or any other substitute)
All ingredients should be in room temperature.
- Heat up the oil in a narrow pot so you will use less oil for frying (there should be enough oil to allow the doughnuts to swivel around.
- In the meantime mix eggs and sugar. Then add cheese, spirit/vodka and yoghurt and mix until smooth. Add all the rest of the dried ingredients in small portions and mix well.
- Using a spoon dipped in hot oil, form little balls and put them in the hot oil. They should be fried until brown. You can do a few at one time so they will not touch. Do not worry the dough should be sticky – that is what will make them soft and bouncy in the end.
- You should place them on a paper towel so they will lose the greasy edge. Tip: with the first few doughnuts check if they are ready and the temperature is good.
What is so great about this doughnuts is the fact they taste awesome with an Indian curry sauce as well as with sweet frosting. So enjoy!
Are you interested in any other sweet recipe? Here are recipes for our other baked goods.