We love to eat eggs for breakfast, five days a week. Well, all right, but why should we eat the same every day, when there are ways to diversify your breakfast menu. Try our recipe for muffins with eggs and bacon.
These fluffy, aromatic muffins were our first idea and became our favourite breakfast dish so far. They are incredibly tasty and are so easy to prepare. Just put it into the oven and go to take shower, while they are baking. You can even make a veggie version with dried tomatoes instead of ham, and they will still be still delicious! So let’s do it!
Ingredients for Muffins with eggs and bacon:
- 10 g of butter
- 1, 25 slices of toast bread
- 0,5-1 slice of Swiss ham (or Parma ham, bacon / smoked bacon)
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper
- parsley / dill / chives for decoration
- cherry tomatoes
- *ingredients for 1 portion
- Heat the oven up to 200 degrees C.
- Remove the crust from a slice of toast bread.
- Melt butter in a pan. Grease the muffin form with the butter, spread the rest of the butter on one side of a bread slice.
- Put the slice of bread into muffin form, with the butter part outside. Then put an extra quarter of bread on the bottom of the form.
- Put a half or a whole slice of Swiss ham inside the muffin form. It is better to try ham before use. If it is too salty, we recommend using just a half of slice, if not – the whole slice.
- Stuck an egg into the form. Put some pepper. We recommend salt muffins later, after baking and sampling, because the ham can be quite salty.
- Wash cherry tomatoes.
- Put the muffins & tomatoes in the oven. Bake it about 15 minutes. Eggs must be cut and the yolks should be semi-liquid.
- Serve with baked cherry tomatoes.
- For decoration, you can use parsley, dill or chives.
- In the recipe, you can use Parma ham, bacon or smoked bacon instead of Swiss ham.
- In the veggie version, you can use dried tomatoes instead of ham.
Here you can find our other breakfast recipes.