For us, there are three ingredients that are in the most savoury dishes for Easter. They are eggs, marjoram and white sausage. So we have decided to start with a simple recipe of roasted white sausages that combine two of those ingredients.
White sausage roasted in the oven with the addition of onion and marjoram is delicious – soft and aromatic. The success of this dish is definitely in the purchase of a good white sausage… ours was like that. We strongly recommend this dish for the Easter table.
It is simple and marjoram makes the world of difference in the white sausage to another level. So let’s go and start preparing this wonderful dish.
- 6 white sausages (raw)
- 2 large onions
- 2 tbsp of marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lubricate casserole dish with oil
- Dice the onions and lay them on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Season it with salt and pepper and then sprinkle one tbsp of marjoram.
- After that pour one tbsp of oil.
- Then lay the sausages on top of the seasoned onions, and pour 3 tbsp of water over them.
- Season it again with the leftover marjoram (there should be another tablespoon left)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the sausages for an hour. We recommend it to bake them undercover for the first 40 minutes and take the cover out for the remaining 20 minutes.
Here you can find our other recipes that are perfect for Easter.