Strawberries are a ruby of the summer fruits. When they are in season they are so sweet and delicious that it is more likely that you will eat them too much. Or at least that is what happens to me more often than not – but I have no regrets! So here it is a great way to start your day with strawberries – a strawberry milkshake.
It is a great drink on a go and as you know from our post on strawberries it is great for your health and has many nutrients.
This drink was and still is often prepared by my mom during the summer season. It is great breakfast on the go or a sweet treat throughout the day. And it became a sort of summer tradition at my house that I still gladly cultivate.
This strawberry milkshake is not only healthy, tasty but also extremely easy to make. It is only two ingredients (three if you need to sweeten the drink) and you make it in minutes.
So what are you waiting for?
Ingredients for strawberry milkshake:
- 2 cups of strawberries (fresh are the best but frozen ones will do also)
- 1 cup of kephir or buttermilk
- honey to taste (optional)
- Hull the strawberries – we have some tips on how to do it in this post on strawberries.
- Put the strawberries and kephir or buttermilk in a blender and mix it for about 30 sec.
- Take a sip to make sure it is sweet enough for your taste. If not add a teaspoon of honey or any other sweetener you prefer.
- And enjoy this lovely beverage
Just to let you know if you use kephir in the strawberry milkshake it will be much more liquidy than when you will use buttermilk. But it will be so tasty either way!
In winter or fall, I also get to make this strawberry milkshake. That’s when I use frozen strawberries. Typically, frozen strawberries lose its sweetness, therefore, it is then I tend to use honey.
Here you can find our other smoothie recipes!