What is a perfect brownie? Moist. Chocolaty. With intense flavour and smell. Melting in the mouth. With a light orange ting. Perfect crisp crackly top, super fudgy centre. Easy to bake and always welcomed by quests. Take a bite and enjoy your perfect break.
Ingredients for brownie:
- 300 g of dark chocolate, cocoa content above 50%
- 180 g – 200 g butter (1 pack)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp of orange flavour extract
- 2 tbsp of orange or amaretto liquor
- peel of 2 oranges, freshly peeled and grated
- 220 g sugar
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 100 g of wheat flour
- ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- candied orange peel for decoration
- Put butter in a pot and melt it on low heat.
- Add previously chopped dark chocolate to the melted butter. Mix it to create a homogeneous mass.
- Set aside from the fire to cool.
- In a separate dish beat the eggs with a kitchen rod, do not use a mixer. Add freshly-peeled orange peel, sugar, orange flavour extract, liqueur or amaretto. Mix it up.
- Add previously cooled chocolate mass and mix it.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder.
- Mix to make all ingredients combined.
- Put the mass into a baking mold, previously greased with butter and lined with baking paper.
- Bake brownie at 160ºC, without air circulation. Baking time should be about 30 minutes. Tip: How to check, if it is ready? Insert a small wooden stick into the dough, it can be wet, but there must no be traces of raw dough on it.
- Remove the cake from the oven, cool it slightly. Then brownie is ready to serve.
Check out our other brownie recipes here.