So we have received a full box of apples. And guess what was our first thought… APPLE PIE! So here is our take on this famous pie. Enjoy and let it motivate you to make one for yourselves.
Ingredients for apple pie with nuts:
- 300g of flour (300 g)
- 4 tbsp of powdered sugar
- 210 g butter
- 1 tbsp of cold water
- 1kg of apples
- 50g of sugar
- 1 tsp of powdered cinnamon
- Juice from half lemon
- 1 tbsp of vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp of powdered pudding (budyń powder)
- 75g of pecans or walnuts
- optionally 2 – 3 tbsp of coconut or amaretto liqueur
- Pour the flour into a bowl, add powdered sugar and cut into cubes cold butter. Mix with a mixer for about a minute until small crumbs of the dough are formed (or rub with your fingers or chopped on the table).
- Add water and mix for a moment until the dough sticks to larger pieces. Combine them all into a homogeneous dough and put in the fridge for about half an hour.
- In the meantime peel the apples, cut into quarters, cut out the seed nests. Cut into slices. Pour sugar into the pot, pour apples on top. Heat for about 3-4 minutes until the sugar begins to caramelize.
- Pour the lemon juice, add vanilla sugar and stir apple for 4 minutes with stirring.
- Finally, mix with cinnamon, powdered pudding and if you wish the coconut or amaretto liqueur.
- Crumble nuts in a blender.
- Heat up the oven to 180 degrees C. Form for a tart with a diameter of about 23 – 24 cm, or a cake tin 24 cm. You can thickly spread with butter or use baking paper or silicone form.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and divide it into 3 parts. One part put aside and combine the other two and roll it out (sprinkling it with flour). Spread the rolled out dough onto the bottom and sides of the baking tin/mould and cut the outside dough.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut it in stripes.
- Pour the shredded nuts onto the bottom of the cake, then put the apple mousse. Spread out the stripes on top. Put in a preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
Check out our other pie and cake recipes!