Caramelized oranges are always a great addition to an awesome cake. Here is an easy recipe for how to get the perfect caramelized oranges. Try it and you will never regret it!
Ingredients for Caramelized oranges:
- 2 oranges
- 4-5 cloves
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- To start with slice oranges in about a 1cm slices (in thickness).
- In medium-size pot mix water and sugar and boil them for about 6 minutes.
- Add the sliced oranges and cloves into the boiling syrup and cook them on a low to medium heat stirring them from time to time. Simmer it for about 1h.
- Then heat the oven to 120C.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and placed the sliced oranges in such a way so they would not touch each other and dry them in the oven for about an hour turning them every 15 min.
And they are ready for decoration. You can keep them in a sealed container for up to a month. Or place them in the jar with the syrup and seal it tight and they will be good for about a year.
They are the