One of our favourite cuisine in the world is the Georgian cuisine and you also might have noticed what we adore aubergine. In this recipe from our Georgian friend we want to present to you the Georgian rolls, which are the perfect combination of aubergines with walnuts. If you never tried it, don’t waste your precious time, cook it right now and you won’t regret it! Those classic Georgian aubergine rolls with walnut stuffing and some pomegranate seeds are the best dish to impress your guests!
What gives this dish its’ amazing taste is the exceptional combination of Georgian spices: the most known Khmeli-
Lots of work is waiting for us, so let’s get started right now!
- 1 long aubergine
- 100 g of walnuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of Khmeli-
- 1 tsp of Svaneti salt
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp of spicy paprika
- seeds from 1/2 of pomegranate (optional)
- fresh coriander (optional)
- Wash the aubergine and slice it lengthwise with a sharp knife. Next grill, fry or bake the slices in the oven as we did in the Moussaka recipe.
- Blend the walnuts into a paste adding 2 tbsp of water and all the spices. You can make the K
hmeli– suneliand Svaneti salt by yourself or buy in a shop. You could also add 1 tsp of wine vinegar (optional).
- Add some chopped fresh coriander and pomegranate seeds to the walnut paste (remember to leave some fresh coriander and pomegranate seeds for decoration).
- Take one slice of aubergine, put 1 tbsp of walnut paste on the end of it and roll. Do the same with all the aubergine slices.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and pomegranate seeds! Enjoy and
We are absolutely sure that you will love those aubergine rolls with walnuts stuffing and pomegranate seeds and coriander and your guests will be absolutely delighted and amazed by that Georgian snack!
Please share with us in the comments, how you liked it and on what occasions you plane to serve the Georgian rolls?