Is there anything better than scrambled eggs for breakfast on the weekend? Especially if you are craving something savoury. But as asparagus is in season making scrambled eggs with asparagus is taking it up a notch.
This awesome breakfast is not only tasty but due to asparagus has that fresh taste. Also making it a bit fancy in comparison to the classic version.
So lets be fancy and lets make some scrambled eggs with asparagus. It is easy and fast and taste sooooo good!
PS. If you haven’t noticed it by now I love asparagus. If you are such big loveres as I am or you just want to see other ways of making asparagus check our recipes here.
But lest get back into the recipe!
Ingredients for scrambled eggs with asparagus
serving for 2
- 6 eggs
- 1 bunch of asparagus (we recommend the green thin ones)
- 1 tbsp of butter (of any other fat you prefer for frying)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare the asparagus. If you want to know how to choose and prepare asparagus we recommend to check out our post on that subject.
- Cut asparagus into smaller pieces (I cut them into thirds).
- On a medium sized pan melt the butter on low heat and then put in the cut asparagus.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and then fry them for few minutes on low/medium heat. The time for frying asparagus depend mainly on two factors: type of asparagus (green/white/purple/thin/thick) and your preferences (crunchy/soft). So fry them to your taste.
- When they are the way you like them add the eggs. Now the next steps are per your preference again. Some like their scrambled eggs more runny while other prefer them mor clumpy. Our advice… do you and what you like. I personally prefer with asparagus the more clumpier version so the egg is sort of hugging the veggie.
- Of course don’t forget to season the dish before serving or at least put the spices on the table 🙂
Here you can find our other breakfast recipes.