A good blender, nuts and 5 minutes of your time – that’s all it takes to make homemade peanut butter. Clear flavour, smooth consistency and simple composition.
That sounds delicious, doesn’t it?
Ingredients for peanut butter:
List of ingredients (for about 300 g of peanut butter or a medium jar)
- 2 cups (about 300 g) unsalted peanuts
- pinch of salt (optional)
- hand blender with a container and S-shaped blade or other devices where you can grind nuts
- medium jar (0,5 l of capacity)
- The addition of salt is optional – we like peanut butter with salt more, but it also comes out of the nuts themselves
- if you have an old, well-worn blender and nuts hard to mix add a tablespoon of neutral flavour oil (eg from grapeseed)
- Take breaks during blending so as not to overheat the blender
- You can make different flavours by adding to the basic ingredients:
- honey: 1 tbs of honey
- cocoa: 1 tbs of honey or sugar + 1-2 tsp of cocoa (this will make it taste like Nutella)
- coconut: 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- spices, for example, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon juice
1.Pour nuts and a pinch of salt into the blender and mix until the fat begins to separate – a thick cream of nuts.
Tip 1. If a lot of nuts stick to the container’s walls, scrape them with a spoon and mix further.
Tip 2. M
Tip 3. If you feel that the mixer is getting hot, take a break!
2. Put the peanut butter into the jar.
Tip 4. Store in a cool place, e.g. in a kitchen cupboard for a month
Tip 5. If fat becomes separated after prolonged ageing, simply mix them thoroughly
Here you will find our recipes where we use peanut butter.