Watermelon lemonade is such a summer drink – sweet but yet so fresh. It is a twist on traditional lemonade. So go ahead and try this watermelon based drink and feel the summer vibes.
Drinking water is an important way to keep your body hydrated. However, eating foods that have high water content can also help. Interestingly, watermelon is 92% water. What’s more, high water content is one of the reasons why fruits and vegetables help you feel full. The combination of water and fibre means you’re eating a good volume of food without a lot of calories.
Watermelon juice has some potential as a recovery beverage after exercise. Citrulline may be partially responsible for its effect of easing muscle soreness.
So lets make this delicious watermelon lemonade!
Ingredients for Watermelon Lemonade
- 1.5 kg of watermelon (the weight before cutting it from the skin)
- 3 lemons
- about 2 litres of still or sparkling water (we used the latter)
- 100 ml of boiling water
- 5 tbs of sugar
- mint leaves to garnish
- Add sugar to 100 ml boiling water, mix and leave to cool.
- Pick watermelon, if it has a lot of seeds, it is worth to throw some of them before blending. Add the watermelon to the blender and quickly blend to a homogeneous mass.
- Wipe the mass through the sieve, so as to get rid of the seeds and the dry part of the pulp.
- Add juice squeezed from 3 lemons and sugar syrup.
- In the end, fill with water and serve. Lemonade is best after it has been cooled down or with the addition of ice.
Do you want to experiment with other drinks? Go to the DrinkUp section of our blog to find more inspiration. We especially recommend our recipe for butterbeer (inspired by Harry Potter) and homemade lemon flavoured nalewka/tincture.