Today we are going to show you a recipe for a simple dessert – red & white jellies. It looks really interesting and you can serve it in a different way. Here is where your imagination can lead the way.
It is all about jellies, the colourfull ones, and how you can mix different colours, depending on the theme of your party. We have chosen the red and white, as we needed it for a theme of the day. Jelly is a terrific dessert, as you can mix different colours, have it in different shapes and there are no limits to what you can do with it. Besides that, this is also a very light and quite healthy dessert.
So let’s not waste our time, because jelly would need some to frost up 😉
Ingredients for red & white jellies:
- 500 ml of milk
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 packet cherry (red) Jell-O
- 25 g of gelatine (unflavoured)
- Make the cherry (you can also make strawberry or other red colour) Jell-O according to the instructions on the package.
- Pour the gelatine with 50 ml of cold water.
- Add sugar to the milk, bring to a boil, add gelatine and bring to boil once more and stir until the gelatine dissolves.
- Pour one colour jelly into serving glasses (filling only half of the glass), leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until fully set. Pour the different colour jelly on top of the first one and put in the fridge for another half hour.
Tip: you can make a really interesting looking dessert if you let the jelly freeze in the inclined glass.
Share with us in the comments, what fantastic shape jellies did you make?