Omelette with ham, onion and tomato is always a great idea for a quick breakfast if you are really hungry. An omelette is probably my favourite kind of breakfast not only for the weekend but for everyday mornings as well. If I have some more time in the morning on Saturday and Sunday, I like to experiment and give more ingredients to my omelette. But often I take just 2-3 ingredients for stuffing, just something that I have in my fridge. Pieces of cheese, half of the tomato and other leftovers from the fridge work perfect in the omelette. It is almost like magic when from those different leftovers we get such tasty, hot and delicious thing as omelette!
Some people always stick to scrambled eggs and do not accept omelette at all. If sometimes I can convince those persons into eating omelette after trying one my omelette fantasies, I am very proud of myself. 🙂
Maybe I could convince you as well to omelette? Let us get to work right now!
Ingredients for an omelette with ham, onion and tomato:
- 2-3 eggs
- 4 tbsps of milk (you should add the same amount of milk as you have of eggs)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium tomato (or 1/2 of a large tomato)
- 3 slices of ham
- 1 tsp of Khmeli-suneli
- 1/2 tsp of Svaneti salt
- 1 tbsp of oil for frying (i recommend you to use oil from the dried tomatoes)
- 4-5 basil leafs for decoration (optional)
- Add the eggs into the bowl and whisk it with the milk.
- Next, add the Svaneti salt and Khmeli-suneli and whisk one more time all together. Leave the bowl aside.
- Bring to hot the oil on the frying pan. I like to use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes as it gives some extra aroma and taste to the dishes.
- Now, we are frying the onion cut into thin rings to gold colour together with the chopped garlic.
- After that, add the tomato cut into cubes and the ham cut into thin strips. Fry it all together on high flame, mixing all the time.
- Now pour the egg-milk mix onto the frying pan covering everything. You can whisk the mixture one more time before pouring it in so that the omelette will be more fluffy.
- Leave the frying pan on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes below the cover.
- Serve with basil leaves!
- Enjoy your dish!